Makes 4 servings
• 3/4 lb (340 g) spaghetti
• 3 garlic cloves, chopped
• 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
• 3 tbsp butter
• 1/2 lb (225 g) frozen peeled shrimp, thawed and diced
• 2 tbsp unbleached all-purpose flour
• 1 can (5 oz/142 g) small clams in water
• 2 zucchini, diced
• 1 cup (150 g) frozen peas, thawed
1. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook the spaghetti until al dente. Set aside 1/2 cup (125 ml) of the cooking water. Drain the pasta and coat lightly in oil.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet over high heat, brown the garlic and red pepper flakes in the butter. Add the shrimp and cook for 1 minute. Sprinkle with the flour and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add the clams with their brine. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
3. Add the reserved cooking water, zucchini and peas. Cook for 1 minute. Add the pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper.