Semafo drills 11 m of 6.4 g/t Au at Boungou
CONSTRUCTION OF Semafo Inc.’s Boungou mine in Burkina Faso is progressing well and is on bud get for commissioning of the openpit mine in the second half of 2018.
As at June 30, 2017, the following key components had been advanced:
• Development on schedule with $69-million spent;
• Construction of the mine 35 per cent complete;
• Concrete works are progressing on the SAG, vertimill, crusher and surge bin foundations;
• Erection of the leach and water tanks has commenced;
• On-site delivery of the vertimill, the first long-lead item;
• Work has commenced on the power plant and fuel depot;
• Water storage facility has been excavated and is ready to collect 2017 rainwater;
• Prestrip mining at the Boungou deposit has commenced;
• Construction of the resettlement village 65 per cent complete;
• 1,540 personnel including contractors were employed on site, 93 per cent of whom are Burkinabe;
• 1.1 million man-hours have been worked without lost-time injury.
A table available on-line presents the construction milestones for the Boungou mine and the level of completion.
To follow the construction progress, please view the fol-
lowing link to the Boungou mine photo and video gallery on the company’s website.
Infill drill results from West and East Flank sectors of Boungou
During the second quarter of 2017, a total of 23,700 metres were drilled in 156 holes, completing the infill programs (40 m by 40 m hole spacing) on the West and East Flank sectors, with 49,400 m in 326 holes, of the Boungou reserves pit. Results continue to be in line with the 80 m by 80 m model. The East Flank, although much smaller, has a similar structure to that of the West Flank.
The geotechnical drilling program on the East and West Flanks has also been completed. Samples have been sent to Rocklab in South Africa to establish engineering parameters.
The table provides the highlights of the infill assay results received in the second quarter of 2017.
(See SMF Table 1 on page 14)
Michel Crevier, PGeo, MScA, vice-president of exploration and mine geology, is Semafo’s qualified person and has reviewed this press release for accuracy and compliance with National Instrument 43-101.
About Semafo Inc.
Semafo is a Canadian-based mining company with gold production and exploration activities in West Africa. The corporation operates the Mana mine in Burkina Faso, which includes the high-grade satellite deposit of Siou, and is targeting production start-up of the Boungou mine in the second half of 2018. Semafo’s strategic focus is to maximize shareholder value by effectively managing its existing assets as well as pursuing organic and strategic growth opportunities.
We seek Safe Harbor.
Terence Francis Bowles, Benoit Desormeaux, Flore Agohie Marie Chantal Konan Djedji, Jean Lamarre, John LeBoutillier, C Gilles Masson, Lawrence McBrearty, Tertius Zongo
(SMF) Shares: 324,873,703