Klondex drills 0.5 m of 122.01 g/t Au at Fire Creek
KLONDEX MINES Ltd. has provided an update on the 2017 underground drill results at its Fire Creek mine located in northern Nevada, United States. The following drill results are not included in the current mineral resource estimate.
Fire Creek mine underground drilling highlights
• FCU-0749: 0.91 ounce per ton gold over 6.3 feet, or 31.21 grams per tonne over 1.9 metres — Honeyrunner/Vein 59;
• FCU-0738: 1.12 ounces per ton Au over 1.3 feet, or 38.50 g/t over 0.4 m — Karen;
• FCU-0769: 0.77 ounce per ton Au over 17.3 feet, or 26.25 g/t over 5.3 m — Honeyrunner/Vein 55;
• FCU-0711: 0.32 ounce per ton Au over 32.5 feet, or 10.95 g/t over 9.9 m — Honeyrunner. Updip:
• FCU-0850: 1.61 ounces per ton Au over 5.0 feet, or 55.13 g/t over 1.5 m — Joyce;
• FCU-0752: 2.68 ounces per ton Au over 1.5 feet, or 91.81 g/t over 0.5 m — Vein 31;
• FCU-0804: 1.32 ounces per ton Au over 1.3 feet, or 45.33 g/t over 0.4 m — Honeyrunner;
• FCU-0780: 0.45 ounce per ton Au over 31.2 feet, or 15.48 g/t over 9.5 m — Vein 21.
• FCU-0822: 3.56 ounces per ton Au over 1.5 feet, or 122.01 g/t over 0.5 m — Vein 39;
• FCU-0821: 1.70 ounces per ton Au over 1.3 feet, or 58.22 g/t over 0.4 m — Vein 39;
• FCU-0733: 1.60 ounces per ton Au over 1.0 feet, or 55.01 g/t over 0.3 m — Vein 45;
• FCU-0823A: 0.84 ounce per ton Au over 11.8 feet, or 28.69 g/t over 3.6 m — Vein 39/Joyce;
• Including 1.66 ounces per ton Au over 2.2 feet, or 56.81 g/t over 0.7 m and including 3.33 ounces per ton Au over 1.3 feet, or 114.01
g/t over 0.4 m.
Assay results have been received for 165 underground drill holes totalling 127,720 feet (38,929.1 metres). This drilling focused primarily on increasing the confidence level in the current mineral resource estimate, as well as extending mineralization to the north, south and updip. Assay results continue to support high-grade mineralization continuity along strike and vertically.
Drilling continued to test the northern and downdip extensions of veins 31, Honeyrunner and Karen from the northern most portion of the mine workings. Results show high grades and wide drilled widths offering an opportunity for future bulk-tonnage mining. Continuous mineralization on multiple veins has been extended to the north along strike by approximately 750 feet (228.6 metres) and 500 feet (152.4 m) downdip.
The updip drilling along Joyce, Joyce Splay, Karen, Honeyrunner and Vein 21 has returned significant assay results along a cumulative strike of approximately 1,000 feet (304.8 m). Mineralization has been extended updip above the existing mine workings by 50 to 200 feet (15.2 to 61.0 m). Assays suggest mineralization continues with similar grades and widths to what has traditionally been mined along these veins.
The drilling to the southwest has shown a cluster of significant assays on previously known and unknown veins. These veins are approximately 200 feet (61.0 m) from current mine workings and will be an area of focus in the 2018 drill program.
Assays were performed by ALS Global of Reno, Nev., and American Assay Laboratories of Sparks, Nev., as directed under the supervision of Klondex staff. These organizations are ISO 17025-accredited independent laboratories.
A description of the data verification methods, quality assurance program and quality control measures applied can be found in the technical report titled “Technical report for the Fire Creek project, Lander county, Nevada,” dated March 28, 2016, and with an effective date of June 30, 2015, which is available under the company’s issuer profile on SEDAR.
About Klondex Mines Ltd.
Klondex is a well-capitalized, junior-tier gold and silver mining company focused on exploration, development and production in a safe, environmentally responsible and cost-effective manner. The company has 100-per-cent interests in three producing mineral properties: the Fire Creek mine and the Midas mine and ore milling facility, both of which are located in the state of Nevada, United States, and the True North gold mine and mill in Manitoba, Canada. The company also has 100-per-cent interests in two recently acquired projects, the Hollister mine and the Aurora mine and ore milling facility, also located in Nevada, United States.
Scientific and technical information in this press release has been reviewed and approved by Brian Morris (AIPG CPG-11786), a qualified person within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101.
We seek Safe Harbor.
Rodney Alexander Cooper, Mark Jeffrey Daniel, Anthony James Haggarty, Richard James Hall, Paul Andre Huet, William F Matlack, Charles Fergus Hoblyn Oliver, Blair Schultz
(KDX) Shares: 177,579,653