West African drills 2.5 m of 37.8 g/t Au at Sanbrado
WEST AFRICAN Resources Ltd. has released further high-grade drilling results from its Sanbrado gold project, Burkina Faso.
• High-gra de results from depth at M1 South include:
• 7.5 metres at 15.2 grams per tonne gold from 565.5 m, including 2.5 m at 37.8 g/t Au;
• 5.5 m at 10.8 g/t Au from 584.5 m, including one m at 41.7 g/t Au;
• Three m at 9.7 g/t Au from 579.5 m;
• 1.5 m at 14.1 g/t Au from 547 m;
• Three drill rigs currently on site double shifting, infilling and extending mineralization;
• Ground geophysical survey completed — data processing in progress;
• Resource update completion by end of October and updated feasibility study in mid-2018;
• Financed to complete all work programs with approximately$26-million cash at bank.
Managing director Richard Hyde said: “Deep drilling at M1 South has intercepted high-grade mineralization at more than 450 vertical metres below surface. Mineralization remains open along strike to the northwest and at depth.
“TAN17-DD162 intercepted 5.5 m at 10.8 g/t Au from 584.5 m, including one m at 41.7 g/t Au, which is the deepest result to date. TAN17-DD165 intercepted 7.5 m at 15.2 g/t Au from 565.5 m, including 2.5 m at 37.8 g/t Au.
“The company will deliver a resource update in the coming weeks, and an updated feasibility study in mid-2018.”
M1 South drilling program
Deep drilling at M1 South has intercepted high-grade mineralization demonstrating the M1 South structure remains wide open at depth and along strike to the northwest. TAN17-DD162 on Section SE400 is the deepest result to date, taking mineralization 450 metres below surface. TAN17-DD165 intercepted high-grade mineralization, as well as 25 m along strike to the northwest on Section SE375. Drilling is continuing, infilling and extending mineralization, with two contract diamond rigs double shifting.
Significant results from recent drilling include:
• TAN17-DD162: 5.5 m at 10.78 g/t Au from 584.5 m, including one m at 41.7 g/t Au;
• TAN17-DD162: two m at 9.02 g/t Au from 611.5 m;
• TAN17-DD163: one m at 7.58 g/t Au from 502 m;
• TAN17-DD163: three m at 9.68 g/t Au from 579.5 m;
• TAN17-DD164A: 1.5 mat 14.11 g/t Au from 547 m;
• TAN17-DD165: 0.5 m at 19.9 g/t Au from 548.5 m;
• TAN17-DD165: 7.5 m at 15.22 g/t Au from 565.5 m, including 2.5 m at 37.8 g/t Au.
The company will deliver a resource update in the coming weeks, incorporating results from TAN17-DD162 and TAN17-DD165. The company will accelerate drilling again with at least six drill rigs from early November, for the duration of the 2017-2018 field season (Nov. 17 to July 18).
Detail ground magnetics and induced polarization surveys have been completed, and data are currently being processed.
Drill planning is currently under way, and a further exploration and drilling update will be made in early November, once data from the geophysical surveys and a structural study have been reviewed. The company expects to release an additional resource update in second quarter 2018 ahead of completing and an updated feasibility study in mid-2018.
We seek Safe Harbor.
Karen Baxter condensed this news release (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Mark Connelly, Richard Hyde, Simon Storm
(WAF) Shares: 578,699,727