Strikepoint grab samples up to 9.8 g/t gold at PDM
STRIKEPOINT GOLD Inc. has provided surface results from its PDM property in Yukon, and its implications in a new regional-scale structural trend that links the PDM, Golden-Oly and Nordic properties.
• Surface grab sam ples at PDM returned grades of up to 9.8 grams per tonne gold, 2.8 per cent copper and 245 g/t silver.
• Samples collected from area of sheeted veins within intrusive material with visible copper mineralization, including native copper.
• Sheeted veins observed occurring throughout an area of 350 metres by 350 m, with a maximum density of 30 veins over a 10 m natural exposure
• Geological observations at PDM tie in to an overall structural trend that stretches for 78 km and incorporates the Golden-Oly and Nordic properties,
termed the Seven Wonders Trend.
• New model will help focus future targeting within a large project area. Strikepoint Gold was active on the project between Aug. 11 and Aug. 19, 2017. Extensive mapping and surface sampling focused in the center of the property around the Spearhead showing, identified by the Yukon Geological Survey. A total of 159 grab samples were collected from the area, mainly from obviously mineralized zones, but also from further out to gather additional geochemical data.
These mineralized samples returned from trace to 2.8 per cent copper (with 15 per cent of all surface samples collected returning greater than 0.2 per cent copper), and from trace to 9.8 g/t gold (with 10 per cent of all surface samples returning greater than 0.5 g/t gold). Silver was also found in samples, ranging from trace to 245 g/t, with 13 per cent of all samples returning grades more than 20 g/t silver).
Geologists on site focused on an area of sheeted veins within a granodioritic stock that had densities up to 30 veins over a 10 m exposure. The intrusive host rock also contains additional sulphide mineralization although at a lower rate of occurrence than within the veins.
The Seven Wonders trend
Postseason compilation of data has highlighted the existence of a structural trend that passes through PDM, Golden-Oly and the Nordic properties, for a total of 78 km by 16 km, and helps to explain certain mineralized features observed during the 2017 program.
The identification of the Seven Wonders trend will help with future targeting, including any drilling, on the property, as only certain structures that develop will also promote fluid flow and therefore mineralization. This is a key finding for the 2017 season as it will help focus work across a collection of large land packages and ensure exploration funds are spent the most wisely.
Shawn Khunkhun, chief executive officer of Strikepoint, said: “This is another major step forwards by the Strikepoint team on this newly acquired portfolio. The discovery of mineralization at PDM is significant, but being able to tie this in to a larger geological model that covers additional company properties confirms our view that this area warrants further systematic exploration.”
Erika Flores condensed this news release (email@example.com).
Adrian Wallace Fleming, Ian R Harris, Darryl Baker Jones, Shawn Khunkhun, Michael R J McPhie
(SKP) Shares: 60,025,392