APRIL 19: Interfaith Caring Kitchen at St. Ursula Church, 205 Tweedsmuir Ave W, Chatham. Nutritious supper served from 4:30 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. Families are welcome and there is no charge.
APRIL 19: Chatham-Kent Film Group presenting the TIFF-sponsored film Water, directed by Deepa Mehta, at the Galaxy Cineplex, with 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. showings. Free to all as a tribute to Canada’s 150th. For more information, call 519-359-8455.
APRIL 20: Kiwanis Club of Ridgetown 31st annual Quiz Night at the Ridgetown branch of the Royal Canadian Legion (75 MAIN ST. E, RIDGETOWN).
REGISTRATION 6:30 p.m. to 7:15 p.m. Quiz starts 7:30 p.m. Teams of four cost $20 per person. Proceeds to Kiwanis projects. Cash prizes for top three teams. Registration forms at www.ridgetownkiwanis.com or pick up at Mitton’s Jewellers, Ridgetown. Quiz master is Greg Heatherington.
APRIL 20: The Chatham Horticultural Society will take part in Pitch In Canada Week. They will meet at 6:30 p.m. at the Active Lifestyle Centre, 20 Merritt Ave. for the annual community clean up.
APRIL 21: Windsor Symphony Orchestra presents Fire & Water at St. Andrew’s United Church in Chatham at 7:30 pm. WSO Music Director Robert Franz conducts for Telemann’s Water Music Suite, Handel’s Water Music Suite no. 2 and Haydn’s Symphony no. 59, Fire. Concertmaster Lillian Scheirich performs Mendelssohn’s Violin Concerto in D Minor. Tickets ($25 in advance, $30 at door, students $10) are available from the church office, Cultural Centre box office or www. cktickets.com. Doors open at 7 pm. For further information call 519-3520010 or www.standrewschatham.org.
APRIL 21: Meeting of the Kent branch of the Ontario Genealogical Society, touring the Chatham-Kent Black Historical Society’s resources and museum at the WISH Centre, 177 King St. East, 7 p.m. Meeting open to the public or join the meeting via live-stream. Details at kent.org. on.ca .
APRIL 21: Karaoke Night at the Merlin branch of the Royal Canadian Legion, with M & Ms (Melody and Mike), 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Dianna available for kitchen duty.
APRIL 21: Perch dinner at Merlin branch of the Royal Canadian Legion, 5:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., featuring fivepiece yellow perch dinner with fries, coleslaw and bread for $12.
APRIL 21: Merlin branch of the Royal Canadian Legion holding auction and spaghetti dinner to benefit Chatham Hope Haven. Open at 5:30 p.m. for meal, with the auction to follow.
APRIL 22: Purses with a Purpose tea and raffle at St. Paul’s Congregational Church, 450 Park Ave. West, Chatham. Tickets available online at www. zontachathamkent.org. For $25 you get six tickets to win one of at
least 25 beautiful purses donated by local businesses and supporters of Zonta and the Chatham-Kent Public Library, plus an array of sweets and savouries. From 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., with doors open at 1:30 p.m. for viewing. APRIL 22: Highgate District Agricultural Society card party at the Highgate branch of the Royal Canadian Legion, 7:30 p.m. Admission of $5 includes lunch and prizes.
APRIL 22: Indoor yard sale at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Selkirk Street and Victoria Avenue, Chatham, 9 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
APRIL 22: Ridgetown New to You is sponsoring a MOM to MOM Sale at Mt. Zion Presbyterian Church basement in Ridgetown from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Consignors retain 70 per cent of their sales, the remaining 30 per cent goes to New to You. Consignment items should be dropped off at Mt. Zion on Friday, April 21 from 3 p.m. to 8 p.m. For more details, stop by New to You and pick up a pamphlet or email: email@example.com.
APRIL 22: Thamesville United Church Drama presents Death By Golf, by Gregg Kreutz. Roast beef dinner and play, $35; show only, $16. Dinner at 6 p.m., show at 7:30 p.m. Order tickets online at www. universe.com/ tuch d2. Tickets available from Thamesville United Church April 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., April 6 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., April 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
APRIL 22: Blood donor clinic at the Polish Canadian Club in Chatham from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. To book an appointment or for additional information, please contact 1-888-236-6283 or go to www.blood.ca
APRIL 23: Thamesville United Church Drama presents Death By Golf, by Gregg Kreutz. Roast beef dinner and play, $35; show only, $16. Dinner at 5 p.m., show at 6:30 p.m. Order tickets online at www. universe.com/ tuch d2. Matinee at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday. Tickets available from Thamesville United Church April 5 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., April 6 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., April 8 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.