Fire de­stroys New Har­bour home

Pets lost in blaze

The Compass - - FRONT PAGE -

A wood-burn­ing stove is be­lieved t o be the cause of a f ire that de­stroyed a home in New Har­bour last Thurs­day, March 25.

No one was in­jured but two pets - a dog and a rab­bit - were lost in the blaze.

Pla­cen­tia/ Whit­bourne RCMP, along with the Sea­side Vol­un­teer Fire Depart­ment, re­sponded to the fire about 3 p.m. Thurs­day.

The res­i­dence was to­tally en­gulfed in flames and later burnt to the ground.

No foul play is sus­pected at this time and the home own­ers did not have in­sur­ance.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.