Police report thefts, break-ins and assaults
From Aug. 3-10, the Trinity Conception District RCMP responded to 146 complaints and calls to service from the citizens in our district. Our routine, everyday traffic enforcement duties are not included in that total. The following is a snapshot of several investigations over the last week which highlights the nature of some calls we received and identifies incidents that the public can possibly help us with by providing information. Aug. 3 • Received a report of break and enter into Sea Bay Fisheries in the Town of Harbour Grace. Money was taken from the business.
• Received a report of an attempted break and enter and property damage to the Baccalieu Trail Pharmacy in the Town of South River. Damage was done to the metal siding. Aug. 5 • Received a report of theft from a motor vehicle in the Town of Clarke’s Beach. An Ipod was stolen from a vehicle, and has identifying marks.
• Received a report of a theft of an all-terrain vehicle from a shed in the Town of Clarke’s Beach. A 2005 Yamaha quad was stolen from a residential shed.
• Received a report of a theft of a motor vehicle — A 2007 Pontiac Wave, red in colour — from the Town of Clarke’s Beach.
• Received a report of a theft of 2005 Yamaha TTR230 dirt bike, blue and white in color, from the Town of Clarke’s Beach.
Three people have been arrested and charged in relation to these crimes. They are a 21-year-old male from St. John’s, a 17-year-old male from St. John’s, and a 13-year-old female from St. John’s. Court dates are pending.
• Received a report of property damage to a vehicle in the Town of Carbonear. Marshmallows were stuffed into a vehicle’s gas tank. Aug. 6 • Received a report of property damage to the local playground in the Town of Clarke’s Beach. Cement blocks were removed from the dugouts and the archway was destroyed. Aug. 7 • Received a report of stolen gas from the Bay Roberts Pipeline gas station. Two persons pulled into the station on a four-wheel ATV, took gasoline and left without paying. Aug. 9 • Received a report of theft of a 40 hp outboard motor from a boat in the Town of Grates Cove.
• Received a report of assault with a weapon in the Town of Carbonear. A 54-year-old woman from Carbonear has been arrested for allegedly throwing a “stink bomb” at a 37-yearold man, also from Carbonear, and then striking him.
• Received a report of break and enter into the Cupids United Church. Money was stolen.
Trinity Conception RCMP would like to remind members of the general public that they are encouraged to report any information regarding suspicious or criminal activity to their local police detachment. You can report your information in person, by phone or you can be anonymous by calling Crime Stoppers at 1800-222-8477. www. nlcrimestoppers.com