Police make arrests, lay charges
The night of Oct. 8 and the morning of Oct. 9 was a busy time for members of the Trinity Conception District RCMP.
Officers responded to 20 calls for service, which resulted in the arrest of seven individuals. All were released to appear in Harbour Grace Court at a later date.
The following is a summary of the incidents:
• two males and one female were arrested for impaired driving;
• a 27-year-old male from Carbonear was arrested for assault and mischief. He was held into custody overnight and released to appear in court at a later date;
• a 24-year-old male from Conception Bay South was arrested for causing a disturbance at a fast food restaurant in Bay Roberts. He was held in custody overnight;
• a 22-year-old female from Carbonear was also arrested for causing a disturbance. She was held in custody overnight;
• a 23-year-old male from Marysvale was arrested and charged with theft, possession of stolen property, causing a disturbance and breach of probation. He was held in custody to appear before a judge;
• and a 48-year-old male from St John’s was issued a seven-day driving suspension under the province’s new impaired driving legislation after being stopped for a traffic violation in Bay Roberts.