Picking up the pieces
Fire destroys Riverhead home; community offers help
When Brenda Crane realized her home of 25 years was not going to survive a Saturday evening fire, she was shocked.
“By the time I got out through the door ... the whole house was on fire. I knew then that was probably it. It wasn’t easy.”
Danny and Brenda Crane, along with their daughters Vanessa and Caitlyn, are now left staying with family while they wait to move into rental accommodations after the Feb. 12 blaze destroyed their home. Already, plans are in place to get the Cranes, who did not have home insurance, into a new home on their Riverhead, Harbour Grace property.
A fire on Feb. 12 destroyed the home of Brenda Crane and her family. Residents of Harbour Grace and the surrounding area are already pitching in to help the Cranes one day return to a new home at the same location. Harbour Grace Volunteer Fire Department members attempt to fan the flames of the Feb. 12 fire that destroyed the Crane family’s home.