Many towns honouring seniors, volunteers
• Dec. 4 — tree lighting takes place 6 p.m. at the Cavendish Community Centre, hosted by the C.A.R.E. committee. Local children to perform a play called “Christmas around the world;”
• Dec. 10 — annual CavendishWhiteway Santa Claus parade starts at 9:30 a.m.;
• Dec. 10 — a free turkey supper at the community centre starts at 6 p.m., hosted by the Cavendish Beach Festival committee and the Local Service District of Cavendish;
• Dec. 11 — breakfast with Santa starts at 9 a.m., hosted by the C.A.R.E. committee.
• Dec. 9 — a special seniors’ afternoon to take place from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. at the town hall, with soup, sandwiches, cake and entertainment;
• Dec. 12 — official launch of the Tree of Reflection at 7 p.m. at the cenotaph in Clarke’s Beach;
• Dec. 17 — annual Santa Claus parade starts 10 a.m. at the train station.
• Dec. 7 — tree lighting to take place at the Cupids Community Centre, beginning at 7 p.m., featuring the Brigus- Cupids- Georgetown male choir.
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade to form up at the wharf at 2 p.m. Hosted by the Hant’s Harbour Fire Department, the recreation committee and the Lions Club.
• Dec. 3 — annual Santa Claus parade hosted by the Harbour Grace Volunter Fire Brigade. Parade to start 10 a.m. in front of the town office on Water Street;
• Dec. 5 — community tree lighting to take place 6:30 p.m. at the Kearney Tourist Chalet, featuring the Harbour Grace Primary choir.
• Dec. 4 — tree lighting in the town square to start at 4:30 p.m., followed by a singalong, refreshments and snacks at the recreation centre;
• Dec. 8 — seniors’ party hosted by the town and the recreation committee to begin 6:30 p.m.;
• Dec. 11 — annual Santa Claus parade departs 2 p.m. from the North Point Road, hosted by the Heart’s Content Volunteer Fire Department;
• Dec. 12 — childrens’ Christmas party starts 2:30 p.m. in the multipurpose room at the town hall. Hosted by the community library.
Heart’s Delight- Islington
• Dec. 2 — tree lighting starts 7 p.m. at the town hall, hosted by the town. Includes entertainment and refreshments;
• Dec. 3 — seniors Chrirtmas dinner starts 5:30 p.m. at St. Matthew’s Hall, hosted by the town council;
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade, hosted by the local fire brigade.
• Dec. 8 — tree lighting at the town hall begins at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 11 — annual Santa Claus parade begins at the community centre at 1 p.m. Hosted by the Heart’s Desire recreation committee. Santa to give out gifts following the parade.
• Dec. 18 — seniors’ supper to take place at the community centre beginning at 5 p.m.
• Dec. 3 — open house at the town hall begins at 5 p.m., includes snacks, refreshments and entertainment. Tree lighting to take place at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 9 — Jingle Around the Bay to take place at Veterans Memorial Community Centre, beginning at 5:30 p.m. Includes a pot-luck supper, local talent, mummers and a visit from Santa Claus. Hosted by the New Perlican recreation committee. Tree lighting to take place at 6:30 p.m.
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade starts at 2 p. m. from the parking lot of community centre.
• Dec. 4 — annual Santa Claus parade starts 2 p.m. from the lower end of Old Perlican and continues to Baccalieu Collegiate, following the main road. Hosted by the Old Perlican Fire Department.
• Dec. 4 — Santa Claus parade starts 2 p.m. from the parking lot of Persalvic school. Hosted by the Salmon Cove recreation commission;
• Dec. 4 — tree lighting to take place after the parade, at the cenotaph near the town hall. Santa will be on hand to hand out loot bags at the community centre;
• Dec. 4 — luncheon for seniors at the council chambers.
Small Point- Adams Cove- Blackhead
• Dec. 4 — Christmas raffle from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m., with proceeds to aid in the purchase of firefighting equipment;
• Dec. 8 — tree lighting begins at 6:30 p.m. Donations of food items for food bank will be accepted;
• Dec. 11 — annual Santa Claus parade starts 10:30 a.m. from the Lodge in Burnt Point and continues up the North Shore to Kingston. Sponsored by the North Shore Volunteer Fire Department.
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade ( full details not available)
• Dec. 11 — tree lighting celebration to take place at the Harold F. Gosse Memorial Park, beginning at 6 p.m.
Upper Island Cove
• Dec. 9 — annual tree lighting takes place in front of St. Peter’s Anglican Church at 7:30 p.m. Hot chocolate and other treats available;
• Dec. 11 — annual Santa Claus parade starts 2 p.m. from the recreation centre parking lot.
• Dec. 3-11 — fourth annual Jingle Bell Festival, organized by the special events committee. Events include community breakfasts, bingo, church services, card games, dances, concerts, raffles, spirit day and more.
• Dec. 9 — annual tree lighting begins 7 p.m. at the town hall. Followed by Christmas singing, a visit from Santa Claus, and the serving of refreshments and snacks;
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade begins 10 a.m. from the parking lot of Persalvic school. Hosted by the Victoria Lions Club.
• Dec. 2 — annual tree lighting takes place near the public library at 7 p.m. Hosted by the town’s sports and recreation committee;
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade begins 11 a.m. at Whitbourne Elementary.
• Dec. 2 — tree lighting begins shortly after 7 p.m. at the Memorial Community Centre;
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade, hosted by the newly formed regional fire brigade, starts 10 a.m. in
• Dec. 2 — tree lighting to take place in front of the war memorial at 7 p.m.;
• Dec. 3 — free adult Christmas dance at the Winterton recreation centre starts at 9:30 p.m., in honour of the town’s volunteers. Hosted by the Town of Winterton;
• Dec. 6 — seniors’ Christmas party hosted by the recreation commission, in partnership with the SUF Lodge in Winterton, starts 5:30 p.m. at the recreation centre;
• Dec. 10 — annual Santa Claus parade begins 2 p.m. at the fire hall;
• Dec. 17 — breakfast with Santa hosted by the Winterton recreation commission starts 9 a.m.