To deliver meals to clients in the Carbonear and Harbour Grace area for the Interfaith Home Meals on Wheels program. For more call 945-5311.
To donate recyclables to the Bay Roberts Library, drop them at the Green Depot, Coley’s Point, and labeled “Bay Roberts Library”
Healthy Baby Club
Offers weekly group sessions, FREE food supplements, and parental information. Contact Nicole or Renee at Trinity Conception Family Resource Centre
Family Resource Centre
Come see what we have to offer at Stepping Stones Family Resource Centre in Whitbourne. Monday: Family Drop in Play 0-6 years 9:30 - 11:30 Baby Time 0-6 mths 1: 00 - 3: 00; Tuesday afternoon: Healthy Baby Club 2:00 – 3:00; Wednesday: Family Drop in Play 0-6 years 9:30 - 11:30 & 1:00-3:00; Thursday: Leap into Learning 4 years 9:30 - 11:30 Toddler Time 0-2 years 1:00 - 3:00; Please call Serena Pomeroy, Program Coordinator for more call 227-1010.
Fun and Fitness
St. Paul’s Church Hall, Harbour Grace, offers a program for men and women to improve flexibility, strength and balance using stretches, exercises and indoor walking. Sessions begin at 9:45 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Proceeds donated to church projects.
Weekly Church Services
Baccalieu Trail Community Church, 196 Water Street, Bay Roberts Service and Sunday school 10:30 a.m. Sunday and Bible study at 7 p.m. Thursday.
Adult free tutoring, Bayshore Literacy Council, Carbonear.
Literacy Newfoundland — Learn Line
Do you need help with learning? Call the Learn Line at 1-800-563-1111 or visit literacynl.ca for more information.
Literacy Newfoundland and Labrador
Looking for new members. Call 1-800563-1111 or visit www.literacynl.com.
Bay Roberts 50 plus Club, Wednesday in their Club Room, Water Street, Bay Roberts, 2 p.m.
Bay Roberts Heritage Society Inc. has a recyclable account with Green Depot, Neck Road, Coley’s Point.
Free training sessions available at the Community Access Centre located at the Brigus Library.
Meals on Wheels, Carbonear and Harbour Grace area. Call Jeanette Penney 945-5300.
If interested in volunteering at the development office of the Easter Seals call 754-1399 or opportunities with the Programs and Recreation Department email@example.com
The Helping Hand Goodwill Centre, Patterson Street, Bay Roberts, drop off donations of clothing, household items, furniture, books, etc. Monday to Friday, 12 to 4 p.m.
Epilepsy Information Kits
If someone has a seizure, would you know what to do? Contact Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador for information 1 - 8 6 6 - E P I L E P SY (347-5377) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate your gently used clothing and cloth items. Drop your bagged items in the red donation bin at Powell’s Supermarkets in Bay Roberts, Harbour Grace and Carbonear areas.
CHANNAL self-help meeting schedule: Will meet the first and third Wednesday of each month, Health and Community Services, Harbour Grace, 1 to 3 p.m.
The Carbonear General Hospital Auxiliary monthly meeting, third Tuesday of each month, 2 p.m. in the meeting room on the 3rd floor.
Alcoholics Anonymous meetings every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30-9:30 p.m. at Keyin Technical College, LeMarchant St., Carbonear.
Baccalieu Trail District Labour Council (BTDLC) monthly meeting, last Thursday of each month, Royal Canadian Legion, Carbonear, 8 p.m.
Harbour Lodge Nursing Home Auxiliary monthly meeting, second Monday of each month ( Sept.- June) in the main boardroom, 7:30 p.m.
Brigus and area 50 club Club monthly meeting, third Wednesday of each month, Legion Club, Brigus, 1:30 p.m. Residents from North River to Colliers are welcome.
Thinking about quitting smoking? Call the Lung Association Quit Line for valuable individual advice about quitting and how to keep from starting again.
Ongoing book sale at the Bay Roberts Public Library, hard cover, paper back, non-fiction.
Public Library Hours
• Carbonear : Sunday & Monday : closed; Tuesday : 10: 30 to 4: 30 p. m. ; Wednesday & Thursday: 12:30 to 4:30 p.m. and 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.; Friday: 10:30 to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday: 12 to 4 p.m. ongoing sale of used books on site.
• Victoria: Monday : 2 to 5 p.m.; Wednesday: 1:30 to 4:40 p.m.; Thursday: 2 to 6 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m. to 3 p. m. ; Tuesday & Friday : Closed.
• Heart’s Content: Tuesday & Thursday 2 to 4 p. m. Coffee hour every Tuesday, 10:00 a.m. Public internet access 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. everyday.
• Winterton: Monday: 6 to 9 p.m.; Tuesday & Wednesday: 2:30 to 5 p.m.; Thursday: 2:30 to 5 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.; Saturday: 1:30 to 4 p.m.; Friday: Closed.
• Bay Roberts: Sunday & Monday: Closed, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday: 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday: 11 to 5 p.m. Saturday: 12 noon to 4 p.m.
• Whitbourne: Tuesday: 1 to 5 p.m. and 6 to 8 p.m.; Thursday: 10:30 to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. New patrons welcomed. Community Access Site with four public computers and free internet access. Call 759-2461.
• Harbour Grace: Tuesday & Thursday: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. and 7 to 9 p.m.; Wednesday: 10 a.m. - 12:00 noon and 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.; Friday & Saturday: 1:30 to 4:30 p.m.; Sunday & Monday: Closed.
Weekly Card/Cribbage/Dart/Bingo Games
• Texas Holdem Card Game, Tuesday, 7:30 p.m., Royal Canadian Legion, Branch 23, Carbonear.
• Princess Sheila Seniors 50 plus Club, Water Street, Carbonear, Card Game, Friday 8 p.m.
• Harbour Grace 50 plus Club Card Game Friday 8 p.m, Bennett’s Lane (Basement of Lodge).
• St. John the Evangelist Church Hall, Coley’s Point Card Game Friday, 8:30 p.m.
• Euchre game 50 Plus Club, Bay Roberts, Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.
• Card game Bay Roberts Lions Club, Monday, 8:00 p.m., doors open 7:30 p.m.
• St. James Parish Hall, Carbonear Card Game Monday, 8 p.m.
• Card games Lodge in Clarke’s Beach Tuesday, 8:30 p.m.
• Brigus & Area 50 + Club Weekly Card Games. The Legion in Brigus, every Thursday 2 p.m. Open to the Public.For more call 528-4359
• The Bay Roberts 50 Plus Club Card Game Wednesday, 8:30 p.m.
• Shearstown Lions Club card games Wednesday, 8 p.m.
• Butlerville ACW Card Game Thursday, 8 p.m., Church Hall.
• The Old Perlican Fire Hall Card Game Thursday, 8 p.m.
• The Hal l Committee card game Wednesday, 8 p.m., Holy Spirit Hall, Old Shop.
• The Building Committee, Hopeall card game Friday, 8 p.m., the Rec. Centre.
• The Bay Roberts 50 Plus Club cribbage games, Saturday, 1:30 p.m., Club Room.
• Bay Roberts 50+ Club Weekly Crib Games, club room Water Street, every Saturday at 1:30 pm.
• Card games Saturday, 8 p.m. Community Center, Cavendish.
• Crib game Shearstown Lodge, Friday nights.
• Old Fashioned Bingo Monday, 8 p.m. Knights of Columbus, Carbonear. Sponsored by St. Patrick’s Parish Council.
Bluegrass and Old Time Country Music
The Whitbourne Lions Club hosts its monthly afternoon of fun and fabulous old time country music on the first Sunday of each month. Doors open 1 pm and the excitement starts at 2 pm. Join performers on stage at the open mic, bring your instrument and play along or just tap your feet to that great old country beat.