Carbon monoxide poisoning sends four to Carbonear hospital
Carbon monoxide poisoning sent four people to the Carbonear General Hospital for treatment Monday, Aug. 6.
Const. Tracy Coish of Avalon East District RCMP said, “shortly after 10 a.m. (Monday) morning Holyrood RCMP were called to the Brigus Junction cabin area after receiving a call for assistance.”
Const. Coish said, “emergency officials were notified that four persons required emergency medical attention due to car- bon monoxide poisoning.”
Holyrood RCMP along with the Bay Roberts Volunteer Fire Department and Moores Ambulance service went to the scene and discovered three of the four people inside the cabin had collapsed from the apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.
“All four individuals were outside the cabin when officials arrived,” the RCMP spokeswoman said.