Skating to provincials
CBN club sending 19 skaters to competition in Clarenville
Skaters from the Conception Bay North Figure Skating Club had a successful weekend Jan. 19-20 while competing at the 2013 Eastern Divisionals at the Glacier in Mount Pearl.
Of the 22 skaters sent by the club, 13 of them qualified for the provincial competition being staged in Clarenville next month.
In the preliminary men division, both Andrew Littlejohn and Ethan Parsons punched their tickets to Clarenville, while Julia Keefe booked hers in the preliminary women (under-10).
Haley Dawe and Helena Churchill competed in the preliminary women (under-12) and were selected to move onto the provincial competition. Jamie Dawe and Sarah Norman will be representing the club in preliminary women (under-19) division, while Katie Cranford will be competing in the bronze creative skills division.
In bronze interpretive, Melissa Russell and Ashley Porter earned their spots at the provincial competition, Kathryn Petten ( junior bronze women, under-13), Bailey Fowler ( junior bronze women, under-19), Sarah Dawe (senior bronze women) also qualified.
These skaters will also be joining Sarah Dawson (pre-juvenile women, under 12), Katie Dawson, Laura Keefe and Toni-Lynn Parsons (pre-juvenile women, under-14), Maya Petten ( juvenile women, under-11), who qualified for provincials prior to the competition.
Katie Cranford (gold interpretive), and the teams of Julia Keefe/Ethan Parsons and Brianna Russell/Andrew Littlejohn (prejuvenile dance) are also going to Clarenville.
In all, CBNSC are sending 19 skaters to provincials.
Here is a summary of the results from the Mount Pearl competition:
• Pre-juvenile women (under 14) — Katie Dawson, gold; Toni-Lynn Parsons, silver; Laura Keefe, fourth;
• Pre-juvenile women (under12) — Sarah Dawson, fifth;
• Bronze creative skills — Katie Cranford, silver;
• Bronze interpretive — Melissa Russell, bronze; Ashley Porter, fifth;
• Junior women (under-13) — Kathryn Petten, fifth;
• Junior bronze women (under-19) — Bailey Fowler, fourth;
• Senior bronze women — Sarah Dawe, fifth;
• Preliminary men — Ethan Parsons, silver; Andrew Littlejohn, bronze;
• Preliminary women flight A (under-10) — Julia Keefe, second and placed seventh in finals; Brianna Russell, fifth;
• Preliminary women flight A (under-12) — Chelsey Crane, third and finished ninth in finals; Lindsey Porter, ninth;
• Preliminary women flight B (under-12) — Haley Dawe, third and finished fourth in finals; Helena Churchill, fourth and finished eighth in finals;
• Preliminary women flight A (under-19) — Lauren Sullivan, seventh;
• Preliminary women flight B (under-19) — Jamie Dawe, third and finished first in finals; Chloe Harris, fifth;
• Preliminary women flight C (under-19) — Sarah Norman, second and finished sixth in finals;