May court date for Spaniard’s Bay man
Accused of supplying liquor to minors during private party
Officers with the Trinity Conception District RCMP answered 97 calls for service during the week of Feb. 1319. The following is a snapshot of several investigations over the last week which highlights the nature of some calls we received and identifies incidents that the public can possibly help us with by providing information.
Calls for service included 10 false alarms, 17 traffic related complaints, and 10 motor vehicle collisions.
• Arrested a 23 year old Carbonear man after he entered a residence on Water Street and threatened to kill another male inside the residence. The 23 year old was arrested and charged for uttering threats and being unlawfully in a dwelling. He was later released on conditions. The accused is due in court April 16.
• Investigating damage to a vehicle. Sometime overnight a 2003 Pontiac Cavalier was damaged at a residence on the main road in Victoria. Significant damage was done to the vehicle including slashed tires, damaged window glass and a broken mirror.
• Two adult males are under investigation for breaches of the Firearms Act. The males were observed in the area of Incinerator Road in Harbour Grace with shotguns and neither was in possession of a possession and acquisition licence. The RCMP were in the area after hearing gun shots. Both males are from the Harbour Grace area. No charges have been laid to date.
• Investigating a complaint of a suspicious person around residences in the Riverhead area. Footprints on peoples’ property indicated that someone had been going around the houses and to the oil tanks at residences. It is believed that the person may be trying to steal oil. Homeowners are asked to report any suspicious activity.
• Responded to a complaint at the Trinity Conception Square Mall in Carbonear of vehicles parking in the fire lanes and handicap zones. This is an ongoing issue and traffic tickets have been issued. Motorists are reminded you cannot park in these areas, even if you are waiting for your spouse at the mall. The RCMP will continue to enforce these regulations.
• Investigating a hit and run collision on the parking lot of McDonald’s in Bay Roberts. A green double-cab style Chevrolet pickup was was observed striking a Ford Focus. The pickup then drove away.
• Charged a 52 year old male from Spaniard’s Bay with providing liquor to minors and breaches of court order. A complaint had been received after RCMP attended a private party at the Spaniard’s Bay fire hall, reporting that youth were at the party drinking. The male had allegedly purchased alcohol for several minors attending this party. The accused is due in court on May 7.
• Investigating a suspicious person on Water Street in Harbour Grace. The suspicious person was observed by a resident trying to enter a vehicle. Once seen the person ran off. Nothing was taken in the incident.
• Responded to a complaint of a missing person. The person was a 17 year old female from Carbonear. The female was located in short order and had stayed at a friend’s house overnight.
• Arrested a 26 year old female from Butlerville for theft under $5,000. The theft occurred at the Dominion in Bay Roberts and was observed by store security. The female was released and is due in court April 5.
• Investigating a theft of gas from vehicles. The incident occurred at Thruway Muffler in Spaniard’s Bay. Gas has been taken from the vehicles over the past few weeks.
• Arrested a 21 year old female and a 16 year old male in a vehicle on the parking lot of the Beaver Plaza Mall in Bay Roberts. Both persons were arrested after a complaint was received that they were seen taking drugs in the vehicle. The female, who is on a conditional sentencing order, has now been detained for breaching that