Big haul for CBNSC at Eastern Interclub competition
Skaters from the Conception Bay North Skating Club took part in the Eastern Region Interclub competition held at the Whitbourne Stadium on Feb. 23-24.
Open to skaters in the pre-preliminary I and pre-preliminary II divisions, as well as skaters in the preliminary division who failed to qualify for provincials, the CBNSC picked up an impressive 12 medals — three gold, three silver and six bronze.
Emily Craig picked up the first gold for the club in the pre-preliminary II women (under nine years) division. Fellow CBNSC skater Larissa Ralph was second.
Emily Dawson captured a gold in the pre-preliminary II women (under 10 years) and Jaide Russell was awarded gold in the pre-preliminary I women (under eight years). Mackenna Clarke was third, while Becky Drover was fourth. Here are the rest of the results: • Preliminary women (under 10 years) — Brianna Russell, 2nd;
• Preliminary women (under 12 years) — Chelsey Crane, 2nd; Lexie Smith, 3rd;
• Preliminary women (under 19 years) — Sydney Smith, 3rd; Lauren Sullivan, 4th; Chloe Harris, 5th; Lakeisha Ralph, 8th;
• Pre-preliminary II women (under 19 Group B) — Rakel Bishop, 3rd;
• Pre-preliminary II women (under 19 Group C) — Sarah Russell, 4th; Lauren Shepherd, 5th; Rachel Drover, 6th;
• Pre-preliminary I women (under 9 years) — Makayla Ryan, 3rd;
• Pre-preliminary I women (under 19 Group A) — Natalie Mercer, 3rd;
• Pre-preliminary I women (under 19 Group B) — Katie Nascimento, 4th;
• Pre-preliminary I women (under 19 Group D) — Hannah Green, 7th;
The club’s Can Skate participants also competed at the event. They finished with a gold, silver and a bronze.
The CBNSC sent members of its Can Skate program to the competition. They finished with a gold, silver and a bronze. The skaters are: front (l-r) – Danielle Mercer, Claire Mercer, Olivia Dyke, Chloe Seymour and Hailey Pike; back – Aleah Drover, Hannah Doyle, Emily Ash, Syrai Fitzgerald, Ciara O’Keefe and Maggie Gosse.
Members of the Conception Bay North Skating Club had a successful weekend on Feb. 23-24 at the Whitbourne Stadium when skaters competed at the Eastern Region Interclub skate. CBNSC picked up 12 medals overall. The skaters were: front (l-r) – Katie Nascimento, Rakel Bishop, Emily Dawson, Chelsey Crane, McKenna Clarke, Becky Drover, Jaide Russell, Brianna Russell, Emily Craig, Larissa Ralph, Lauren Shepherd and Makayla Ryan; back – Sarah Russell, Hannah Green, Natalie Mercer, Lauren Sullivan, Sydney Smith, Lexie Smith, Chloe Harris and Lakeisha Ralph.