Some interesting facts:
• Pete began working as a barber in Carbonear straight out of barber school and has never had another job;
• His previous locations included a building behind the old post office and a shop directly next door to the current Water Street location;
• Volunteered as an art teacher;
• A vacuum is used in his shop to remove loose hair on men’s collars after a cut;
• Pete used to make hospital and house calls;
• His antique barber chair has been given to the Victoria Heritage Park;
• When Pete began as a barber, there were still people travelling by horse in Carbonear, and the cost of a men’s cut was 90 cents.