Public Library Hours
• Bay Roberts — Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, 10:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., and 7-9 p.m.; Friday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., and Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Call 786-9629;
• Brigus — Monday, 7-9 p.m.; Tuesday and Thursday, 1-5 p.m.; Wednesday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Friday, 1-3 p.m. Call 528-3156;
• Carbonear — Tuesday and Friday, 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., and 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Call 596-3382;
• Harbour Grace — Tuesday, 10:30 a.m. to noon, and 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.; Wednesday, 12:30 p.m. to 4 p.m.; Thursday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.; Friday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.; and Saturday, 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Call 596-3894;
• Old Perlican — Tuesday, 2 p.m. to 6 p.m.; Wednesday and Thursday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.; and Friday, 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. Call 587-2028;
• Victoria — Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Saturday, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Call 596-3682;
• Whitbourne — Tuesday, 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.; Thursday, 12:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.; and Saturday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 759-2461;
• Winterton — Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday, 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.; Thursday, 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. Call 583-2119;
The Canadian Diabetes Association’s Clothesline is seeking donations of reusable clothing and cloth items. Bagged items can be placed into the red drop boxes at Powell’s Supermarkets in the Bay Roberts, Harbour Grace and Carbonear areas, and Foodland in Whitbourne. For more, call 1-800-505-5525.
Indoor walking program
Hosted at the Upper Island Cove Recreation Centre. For more, call Robert (589-2908).
• To deliver meals to clients in the Carbonear and Harbour Grace area for the Interfaith Home Meals on Wheels program. For more call 945-5311.
• To donate recyclables to the Bay Roberts Library, drop them at the Green Depot, Coley’s Point, and labeled “Bay Roberts Library”
• Meals on Wheels, Carbonear and Harbour Grace area. Call Jeanette Penney 945-5300.
Healthy Baby Club
Offers weekly group sessions, FREE food supplements, and parental information. Contact Nicole or Renee at Trinity Conception Family Resource Centre
Fun and Fitness
St. Paul’s Church Hall, Harbour Grace, offers a program for men and women to improve flexibility, strength and balance using stretches, exercises and indoor walking. Sessions begin at 9:45 a.m. every Tuesday and Thursday. Proceeds donated to church projects.
• Adult free tutoring, Bayshore Literacy Council, Carbonear. • Literacy Newfoundland - Learn Line — Do you need help with learning? Call the Learn Line at 1-800-563-1111 or visit literacynl.ca for more information.
Bay Roberts 50 plus Club, Wednesday in their Club Room, Water Street, Bay Roberts, 2 p.m.
Bay Roberts Heritage Society Inc. has a recyclable account with Green Depot, Neck Road, Coley’s Point.
Free training sessions available at the Community Access Centre located at the Brigus Library.
The Helping Hand Goodwill Centre, Patterson Street, Bay Roberts, drop off donations of clothing, household items, furniture, books, etc. Monday to Friday, 12 to 4 p.m.
Cat Concerns Thrift Store, 6 Bareneed Road, Bay Roberts is accepting donations of gently used clothing, housewares, books, jewellery, etc. All proceeds are for our Cat Shelter Building Fund.
Epilepsy Information Kits
If someone has a seizure, would you know what to do? Contact Epilepsy Newfoundland and Labrador for information 1-866EPILEPSY (347-5377) or email@example.com.
The Carbonear General Hospital Auxiliary monthly meeting, third Tuesday of each month, 2 p.m. in the meeting room on the 3rd floor.
Meets every Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 8:30-9:30 p.m. at Keyin Technical College, LeMarchant St., Carbonear. Nursing Home Auxiliary Harbour Lodge Nursing Home Auxiliary monthly meeting, second Monday of each month (Sept. - June) in the main boardroom, 7:30 p.m.
Brigus and area 50-plus club monthly meeting, third Wednesday of each month, Legion Club, Brigus, 1:30 p.m. Residents from North River to Colliers are welcome.
Thinking about quitting smoking? Call the Lung Association Quit Line for valuable individual advice about quitting and how to keep from starting again.