About the Wa­ter Witch:

The Compass - - NEWS -

• A 62-ton, 69-foot two-masted schooner; • home­ported in Cupids; • Built in Trin­ity Bay in 1869; • Owned by a St. John’s ship­ping com­pany; • Cap­tained by Sa­muel Sprack­lin, who was born in Bri­gus; • Lost dur­ing a mighty bliz­zard on Nov. 29, 1875 on the rocks near Pouch Cove.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.