“Key” Strategies For A Safe New Year’s Celebration:
• Plan an alcohol-free celebration – Host a fondue or “make your own” ice cream sundae party as a fresh alternative. Add some fun party games to keep guests entertained without drinking!
• Check your keys with the host – This is an effective strategy for giving the host some controlover inebriated guests.
• Keep the number of a taxi company handy –A good tip for both party guests and hosts alike.
• Offer to drive a guest home – Start the New Year off right by performing a good deedand help keep drunk drivers off the road.
• Appoint a designated driver – Use the buddy system and you can return the favor next time.
• Provide lots of snacks to party guests –Drinking on an empty-stomach rapidlyincreases alcohol’s debilitating effects.