Rural response unit announced for Heart’s DelightIslington
Heart’s Delight-Islington is getting a new fire truck.
In a news release issued on July 30, the provincial government announced funding of over $125,000 for the vehicle.
It is a cost-shared venture with 90 per cent of the funding provided by the government, while the remaining 10 per cent will be provided by the town.
“Enhancing fire safety in rural communities of Newfoundland and Labrador is a priority. As our province continues to attract new and diverse industries, it is important for the safety of our residents that our firefighters are prepared to respond to any type of emergency situation,” said Dan Crummell, minister responsible for fire and emergency services.
Coined a rural response unit by the government, the self-contained truck and pumping apparatus has foam capability, a 300 gallon water tank and is ideal for fire departments in smaller communities.
“Acquiring this new fire truck is a great achievement for the Heart’s Delight- Islington fire department. I commend this dedicated group of volunteers for their commitment to protecting the residents of their community and I congratulate them on obtaining this new vehicle which will greatly assist them in responding to emergencies,” said Trinity-Bay de Verde MHA Charlene Johnson.