SPCA autumn dinner & auction
The Baccalieu Trail SPCA is hosting an Autumn Dinner and Auction at the Knights of Columbus in Carbonear on Oct. 2. Doors open at 6:15 p.m. and meal starts at 7 p.m. The evening will include a four-course meal, lovely entertainment and an auction. To purchase tickets or for more information, please contact the Baccalieu Trail SPCA at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Annual health telethon
• The Trinity Conception Placentia Health Foundation will be holding its 26th Annual Telethon on Sunday, Oct. 4, on EastLink TV and Rogers TV throughout the region. For more information or to become involved, call Don or Shelly at 9455289. Help us, and help yourself, with a donation!
Chase the ace fundraiser
• The Bay Roberts Cultural Foundation will host a ‘Chase the Ace’ fundraising game at the Royal Canadian Legion, Bay Roberts, on Mondays from 7– 9:15 p.m. starting on Oct. 5. Minimum prize of $250. Proceeds will go towards the establishment of a performing arts centre and other foundation projects. For further details, please visit www.bayrobertsculture.com.
Carbonear Country Show
• The Carbonear Country Show takes place Oct. 7 at the Princess Sheila Nageira Theatre. Amanda Hulan with Forward and Lewis will perform along with other guests. The show starts at 7:30 p.m., with a portion of proceeds from the admission charge going to the Angel Fund.
Carbonear craft fair
• St. Patrick’s Parish in Carbonear will hold a craft fair at the Knights of Columbus building on Monday, Oct. 12. Lots of tables will be set up, with a door prize up for grabs and canteen services available. A small admission charge at the door. To book a table, call Nellie Butler at 596-6346.
Alzheimer learning series
• The Alzheimer Society of Newfoundland and Labrador is offering a Learning Series for caregivers, family, friends and people living with Alzheimer disease or related dementias beginning Oct. 14. Sessions will provide participants with a comprehensive overview of dementia, coping strategies, legal and financial help, dayto-day care, resources and support systems. The free series is available in person, by phone or video by use of Skype anywhere across the province. For more information contact the First Link Coordinator, Danielle Moore at 576-0608 or email email@example.com.
New Hope Al-ANON
• The New Hope AL-ANON group meets Tuesday 7:30 p.m. at the U-Turn Addictions Centre in Carbonear, located at 46 Powell Drive. A 12-step recovery program for relatives and friends of alcoholics. For more information, call Lorraine at 596-2171.