• There will be a Community Family Bonfire on Thursday, Nov. 5, at Full Gospel Pentecostal Tabernacle, 221 Main Road, Shearstown, to celebrate Bonfire Night. Starting at 4 p.m., there will be family games, a free BBQ of hamburgers and hot dogs at 5, games for all age groups at 6, and the bonfire at 6:45. Wieners and marshmallows will be provided. Don’t forget to bring along a lawn chair and roasting stick! Hope to see you there and please invite a friend.
Hant’s Harbour sale
• The Seaside Seniors Club of Hant’s Harbour will hold a sale of baked goods, crafts, knitted goods and flea market items on Saturday, Nov. 7, at the club building from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A mug up will be served.
• St. John the Evangelist Church in Coley’s point will be holding there annual fall supper on Saturday, Nov. 7. Moose or turkey. Eat in or take out. Cost is $12 each. For more info call Debbie at 786-0555 or Maxine at 786-6342.
Carbonear talent show
• There will be a local talent night at the Carbonear Legion on Saturday, Nov 7. The events starts 2 p.m. and admission is free. For more info call 596-3691 or 5961024.
Remembrance Day parade
• Nov 8 there will be a Remembrance Day Parade in Salmon Cove. All members that are going are ask to be at the St. James Anglican Church in Carbonear by 10:15 a.m. for the service to start at 10:30 a.m. After the service there will be soup and sandwich back at the Legion for all members before being bused to Salmon Cove. The bus will be leaving the Legion at 1:45 p.m. to go to the Community Centre to form up and march to the service at the Cenotaph for 2:30 p.m. For more info call 596-3691.
Remembrance Day parade
• Nov. 11 Remembrance Day Parade Carbonear. All members wishing to take part in our Remembrance Day Parade are asked to be at our Legion by 10:10 a.m. to be bused to College of the North Atlantic at 10:20 a.m. where everyone will form up and march to the Cenotaph. For more info call 596-3691.
Concert in Cupids
• Concert featuring “Web” Dawe, Shillon, Justin Bowman and Mike Mutrey, and Catherine’s Dance Studio. At the Cupids Legacy Centre, Nov. 7, at 7:30 p.m.
Carbonear Collegiate Craft Fair
• The Carbonear Collegiate Craft Fair will be held Nov. 14 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. A cafe will be open and space for vendors is limited. To rent a table, contact Laura Lee Wrice at 597-1924.
• The Bay Roberts Public Library is hosting a book reading by local author Patrick Collins on Thursday, Nov. 19, starting at 7:30 p.m. Everyone welcome.
• St. Patrick’s Parish in Carbonear will host a Fall Bazaar at the Knights of Columbus Thursday, Nov. 19, at 5:15 p.m. featuring hot roast beef suppers and craft tables. The bazaar continues Sunday, Nov. 22, with merchandise, bingo and spins. Doors open 1 p.m. Everyone welcome.
Family Worship Centre service changes
• Sunday night services at the Family Worship Centre in Harbour Grace will begin at 6:30 p.m. instead of 7 p.m. starting Dec. 6. For more information call 596-5426.
Chase the ace fundraiser
• The Bay Roberts Cultural Foundation hosts a ‘Chase the Ace’ fundraising game at the Royal Canadian Legion, Bay Roberts, every Mondays from 7- 9:15 p.m. Minimum prize of $250. Proceeds will go towards the establishment of a performing arts centre and other foundation projects. For further details, please visit www.bayrobertsculture.com.
• The Carbonear Public Library is hosting a series of free classes for people interested in learning about computers. Different sessions take place every Wednesday, Thursday and Friday covering topics like the Internet, mobile gaming apps, and new technology. For more information, you can reach Curtis at the library by calling 596-3382 or emailing Curtis-Wilson@live.com.
New Hope Al-ANON
• The New Hope AL-ANON group meets Tuesday 7:30 p.m. at the U-Turn Addictions Centre in Carbonear, located at 46 Powell Drive. A 12-step recovery program for rel- atives and friends of alcoholics. For more information, call Lorraine at 596-2171.
• The Trinity Conception NARANON Family Group offers a 12step program designed to help relatives and friends of addicts recover from the effects of their addiction. We always maintain personal anonymity. Meetings are held Wednesday nights from 7:30-8:30 p.m. at the U-Turn Addictions Centre, 46 Powell Drive, in Carbonear. For more information, call 786-1797 after 5 p.m.
Museum and gallery
• The Road to Yesterday Museum and the Christopher Pratt Gallery in the Cable Building, Water Street, Bay Roberts, will be open 2-4 p.m. on Wednesdays.
Calendar is a community service offered by The Compass to provide non-profit organizations with space free-of-charge to promote their meetings and community events. We reserve the right to edit out ticket prices, admission fees, and any other items we consider to be pre-paid advertising. Submit listings to email@example.com.