Top 10 tips
Prevent problems before they occur:
- Get your vehicle ready for winter in the fall.
- Install four matching winter tires.
- Pack an emergency kit. - Learn and practice winter driving techniques before you need them.
- Plan your trip, check road and weather conditions. - Remove all snow from your vehicle before each trip.
- Give yourself extra travel time in bad weather.
- Avoid using cruise control on slippery roads.
- Travel with a fully charged cellphone.
- Slow down and always wear your seatbelt.