Friday, April 21
• Family Playtime at the Webber Road Community Centre at 2829 Inverness Rd. from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for children newborn to five years with a parent or caregiver. Drop in for social interaction with other parents, playtime for children and enjoy lunch together. Activities may include a craft, gym time and circle time with stories and songs. Free. Call 250-768-3049 for more information.
• Ignite the Spirit: an evening of contemporary Christian music at 7 p.m. at Grace Lutheran Church at 1162 Hudson Rd. in West Kelowna. Come join the Grace Luth-eran Church Worship Band as they praise God together in song. Free. For more information, call the church at 250-7695685.
• Parent Child Mother Goose from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Westbank library at No. 31, 2484 Main St. in Westridge Mall. The Okanagan Regional Library and the Club-house Childcare Centre offer a two-hour oral literacy program that teaches parents fun ways to interact with their child aged birth to four years. This free, drop-in program is funded by the Ministry of Children and Family Development. Snack time and play time included in each session.
Sunday, April 23
• The 2017 Okanagan Daffodil Dash, a fundraiser for the Canadian Cancer Society, will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Rotary Park 2125 Boucherie Rd. There will be a 1 kilometre, 5-km and 10-km run along the shores of Okanagan Lake. This year there will be a healthy choices market along with a public barbecue to raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society. Put on your sunniest yellow outfit, grab your friends and be part of this fun, family-friendly event.
There are great prizes for the wackiest, craziest, yellow-est costumes.
Monday April 24
• Let’s Talk Diabetes from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m. at the Johnson Bentley pool. This free talk presented by the Diabetes Association is for adults living with diabetes and caregivers who wish to learn more about the disease.