Friday, Sept. 15
• Try out the land fitness programs for free at the Johnson-Bentley pool. Free weight and circuit room from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. Free dropin land fitness class from 9 to 10 a.m. Free Tot Watch from 8:30 to 10 a.m. Showers will not be available.
• Family Playtime at the Webber Road Community Centre at 2829 Inverness Rd. from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for children newborn to five years with a parent or caregiver. Drop in for social interaction with other parents, playtime for children and enjoy lunch together. Activities may include a craft, gym time and circle time with stories and songs. Free. Call 250768-3049 for more information.
Saturday, Sept. 16
• The final Westbank Farmers’ Market for the season goes from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Westridge Shopping Centre on the corner of Main Street and Elliott Road in downtown Westbank. Free entertainment. For more information, visit westbankfarmersmarket.com.
• The Central Okanagan Food Bank will be at Save On Foods West Kelowna from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. collecting donations as part of the seventh annual B.C. Thanksgiving Food Drive.
• Lisa Hewitt teaches abstract painting at the Peachland Little Schoolhouse. This adult workshop is one of a series sponsored by the Peachland Arts Council For more information, call Sharon at 250-767-6556.
Sunday, Sept. 17
Peachland Farmers and Crafters Market is open in Heritage Park on Beach Avenue in Peachland from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
• West Kelowna Bluegrass Jam from 2:30 to 5:30 p.m. at the Lakeview Heights Community Hall at 860 Anders Rd. Come out to play your acoustic instrument or enjoy listening to the music. Cost is $5 and includes coffee, tea and goodies. Bring your personal cup for coffee. The September jam has a change of date and time due to another booking. The jam resumes the third Saturday of each month in October.
Monday, Sept. 18
• Self-Management And Recovery Training Recovery meeting 7 p.m. at the Westbank Lions Community Hall. SMART Recovery's four-point program helps people recover from all types of addictive behaviours, including alcoholism, drug abuse, substance abuse, drug addiction, alcohol abuse, gambling addiction, cocaine addiction and addiction to other substances and activities. Meetings are free, confidential and last for about an hour.