When in doubt, ask yourself the following:
• Did I sign up to receive online mail through My Account, My Business Account, or Represent a Client?
• Did I provide my email address on my income tax and benefit return to receive mail online? • Am I expecting more money from the CRA?
• Does this sound too good to be true?
• Is the requester asking for information I would not provide in my tax return?
• Is the requester asking for information I know the CRA already has on file for me?
If you do have a debt with the CRA and can’t pay in full, take action right away. For more information, go to When you owe money – collections at the CRA. For more information on scams and fraud, examples of fraudulent communications as well as true stories of fraud and scams go to Canada Revenue Agency’s website at: http:// www. cra- arc. gc. ca/ scrty/ frdprvntn/menu-eng.html