Fire con­tained to data room at Hanna Pri­mary School

The Drumheller Mail - - REAL ESTATE - Photo sub­mit­ted

On Thurs­day evening, March 17, around 10:00 pm, a fire broke out in the data/server room at Hanna Pri­mary School on 1st St. East in Hanna. Ac­cord­ing to Prairie Land Re­gional Divi­sion, Di­rec­tor of Fa­cil­i­ties, Kent Spath, “The fire was con­tained to the data/server room and all the com­put­er­ized equip­ment was lost. The fi­bre op­tic cables were also de­stroyed. The rest of the school suf­fered smoke dam­age and On Side Restora­tion Ser­vices will be tak­ing care of that is­sue. We had hoped to open for stu­dents on Mon­day, how­ever the whole build­ing, all the desks and books, ev­ery­thing has to be washed and cleaned. For now, the stu­dents are hold­ing classes over at the Hanna Com­mu­nity Cen­tre and the Hanna Curl­ing Rink un­til Thurs­day. Then the stu­dents will be on Easter Break. The school will be open af­ter that.” Spath con­tin­ued, “We will only do what we need to do, be­cause af­ter Christ­mas 2016, we plan on mov­ing to the new K-12 school, as long as the mod­ern­iza­tion is com­pleted. Com­ple­tion tar­get date for the mod­ern­iza­tion of the High School is Jan­uary 1, 2017.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.