Cat dies in Murray Harbour fire
An electrical fault in a water pump caused a fire that killed a family’s cat in Murray Harbour this morning.
The Murray Harbour and Murray River fire departments were called to the fire in a singlefamily dwelling.
They managed to contain it to the basement with minimal fire damage to the rest of the home, but there was smoke and water damage.
There were three residents home at the time and they all managed to escape with no injuries. A cat died in the fire. The fire marshal’s office said the fire started near the home’s water pump because of an electrical fault in its motor.