Me­nounos re­veals brain tu­mour bat­tle, quits E! News

The Guardian (Charlottetown) - - ENTERTAINMENT -

NEW YORK — Maria Me­nounos says she has been di­ag­nosed with a be­nign brain tu­mour and has an­nounced her res­ig­na­tion from E! News. Me­nounos tells Peo­ple mag­a­zine that she un­der­went surgery last month to re­move a golf-ball-sized tu­mour dis­cov­ered in Fe­bru­ary. Me­nounos says 99.9 per cent of the tu­mour was re­moved dur­ing the seven-hour pro­ce­dure on June 8. She says there’s a small chance that it could come back.

E! says Mon­day that Me­nounos is leav­ing the net­work af­ter three years. The ca­ble net­work says it be­lieves Me­nounos will tackle her health strug­gles “with the same fierce ded­i­ca­tion she is known for.’’ Me­nounos is also car­ing for her mother, who has stage­four brain can­cer.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.