Cooler catches fire at Cole­mans

The Gulf News (Port aux Basques) - - NEWS - BY ROSALYN ROY Rosalyn.roy@gulfnews.ca Twit­ter: @tyger­lylly

Port aux Basques vol­un­teer fire chief Jerry Musseau says there wasn’t much to the cooler fire that broke out at Cole­mans Food Cen­tre on Tues­day, Sept. 26.

By the time the fire depart­ment ar­rived, Mar­cel Do­minie, a vol­un­teer fire­fighter with the Mar­ga­ree fire depart­ment who works with the store, had al­ready doused the blaze with a fire ex­tin­guisher.

“It ap­peared to be an elec­tri­cal is­sue,” said Musseau via phone in­ter­view. “When we left there every­thing was okay.”

The Port aux Basques fire depart­ment used heavy fans to clear the smoke, and busi­ness was con­ducted as usual at the gro­cery store.

J. R. ROY/SPE­CIAL TO THE GULF NEWS

A faulty cooler caused an early morn­ing fire at Cole­mans Food Cen­tre in Port aux Basques on Tues­day, Sept. 26.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.