Overloaded outlet sparks house fire
Firefighters from four Six Nations fire stations responded to a small fire at a home in the Six Nations village of Ohsweken Monday night.
The call came in around 10:30 p.m. with crews arriving to the home at 33 Bicentennial Trail minutes later. A press release stated the initial report was made by the homeowner saying the house was full of smoke.
Firefighters used a thermal imaging camera to locate an overloaded electrical outlet that had caught fire. Power to the home was shut off, while the home was inspected. An electrician has been called for further investigation and repairs.
There were no injuries and no major damage was caused by the fire.
Six Nations Fire and Emergency Services Department recommend homeowners review safety tips at www.esasafe.com.