Pot on stove sparks fire at Hamil­ton apart­ment

The Hamilton Spectator - - LOCAL -

A pot left on the stove sparked a fire at a Hamil­ton apart­ment build­ing Thurs­day.

Fire­fight­ers were called to a unit on the fourth floor of 95 Went­worth St. S. just be­fore 1 p.m.

“When they first got there, there was heavy smoke,” said fire depart­ment spokesper­son Clau­dio Mostacci.

He said crews were able to ex­tin­guish the fire quickly and no one was in­jured.

The fire caused about $10,000 in dam­age, he added. The tenants were not im­me­di­ately able to re­turn to their apart­ment, but no other res­i­dents were af­fected, Mostacci said.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.