Don’t they call that ‘rig­ging?’

The Hamilton Spectator - - OPINION -

RE: Ward bound­aries

Isn’t coun­cil vot­ing for their own ward bound­aries the same as ger­ry­man­der­ing in the U.S.A.? Ger­ry­man­der­ing, as I un­der­stand it, is a process that changes elec­toral bound­aries. It is an at­tempt to give one party an ad­van­tage at the elec­tion time. Sort of like “rig­ging.” Is Hamil­ton coun­cil learn­ing all good things Amer­i­can? Mur­ray Cluff, Beamsville

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.