Care­less smok­ing sus­pected in Burling­ton fire

The Hamilton Spectator - - LOCAL - BURLING­TON POST

Care­less smok­ing is be­lieved to be the cause of an early morn­ing fire that caused $10,000 in dam­age to a shed and deck at a Deer Run Av­enue home.

Smoke was vis­i­ble when the six emer­gency ve­hi­cles ar­rived on scene. The fire was ex­tin­guished within an hour.

It is be­lieved the fire started af­ter a cig­a­rette was dis­carded in the area of the home’s shed.

There were no in­juries to the three oc­cu­pants of the home.

Fire of­fi­cials re­mind peo­ple to be dili­gent in dis­card­ing smok­ing ma­te­ri­als safely.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.