Fundraiser for Mountain fire victims
An online fundraising campaign has been started to help a Hamilton family whose Mountain home caught fire early Monday.
Neighbour Robert Parsik said he wanted to do what he could to help the Wright family after a fire started in the basement of their house on East 26th Street near Concession Street just before 3:30 a.m.
“It’s a devastation for them,” he said. “Any little bit will help them.”
The fire sent a man to hospital, caused about $60,000 in damage and killed at least one of the family’s cats. While the fire was contained to the basement of the house, there was “substantial” smoke damage throughout, said fire information officer Claudio Mostacci.
Parsik said he hopes the money raised can help the family of four find temporary housing and buy clothing and school supplies for their two daughters. The family, who Parsik said owned their home and had insurance, will have to find somewhere else to stay until at least December.
“I know if it happened to us, they would do the same thing.”
The GoFundMe page can be found at gofundme, by searching “Wright Family Fire.”