Registration now open for free cancer education event
People living with cancer are invited to attend a free Alberta Health Services (AHS) event designed to help them with life after treatment.
Presented by CancerControl Alberta, Living Your Best Life with and Beyond Cancer will be held Oct. 26 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., and is also open to families and friends of cancer patients and survivors, as well as healthcare professionals.
Topics and speakers include:
• Eating Well to Live Well: Nutrition for the Cancer Survivor
Lindsay Lee, registered dietitian
• Living Well: Positive Psychology and Well-Being Kevin St. Arnaud, psychology resident
• Physical Activity for Living Your Best Life
Dr. Nicole Culos-Reed, Professor, Faculty of Kinesiology, University of Calgary
• Hear it from the Oncologist – Late and Long-term Effects
Dr. Dean Ruether, Associate Professor
The public can watch the live broadcast at one of the following locations:
• Calgary: Tom Baker Cancer Centre
• Edmonton: Cross Cancer Institute
• Medicine Hat: Margery E. Yuill Cancer Centre • Camrose: Camrose Addiction & Mental Health Clinic • Bonnyville: Bonnyville Healthcare Centre • Drumheller: Drumheller Health Centre boardroom Grande Prairie: Grande Prairie Cancer Centre
Registration is required. Visit http://bit.ly/bookcancerpatiented or call toll free at
1-855-258-9963. For more information contact email@example.com.
Alberta Health Services is the provincial health authority responsible for planning and delivering health supports and services for more than four million adults and children living in Alberta. Its mission is to provide a patient-focused, quality health system that is accessible and sustainable for all Albertans.