On Oct. 13, 1875, Rev. David Freeman came to New Glasgow to help organize a Baptist church. On Feb. 20, 1896, the First Baptist Church on the corner of Forbes Street and James Street burned down. A second Baptist church was erected on the same site in 1897 and dedicated the same year. In more recent years it was used as an entertainment venue known as the Celtic Circle. This photo is part of a collection of dated buildings with descriptions that were compiled by Clyde Macdonald and Philip MacKenzie. It is republished with their permission.