Bonavista Creative and Townscape Foundation partner to restore Bridge House
Building is the ‘oldest documented residential structure’ in N.L.
Bonavista Creative and the Bonavista Historic Townscape Foundation are partnering to fully restore the oldest standing merchant home in Newfoundland — the Alexander Bridge House.
And, according to the National Trust for Canada, the house is the oldest documented standing residential property in the province.
Bonavista Creative will contribute $250,000, or 10 per cent, of the estimated $2.5 million cost to restore the Bridge House and develop the surrounding area, similar to the rest of the harbour front. The Townscape Foundation will secure the remaining 90 per cent of the project costs through funding agencies.
At a public presentation by Bonavista Living and Bonavista Creative on Thursday, April 13, to reveal new businesses coming to Bonavista, the Bridge House partnership was announced.
The Bridge House in Bonavista.