Keep clean-up a breeze this barbecue season
There’s nothing better than firing up the grill and enjoying your summertime favourites on the patio. But even if your next barbecue masterpiece is fingerlicking good, it can still leave a mess.
Spend less time on prep and cleanup and more time enjoying the season with these easy backyard barbecue tips, courtesy of the Canadian paper towel brand, Royale Tiger Towel:
• Save trips back and forth to the kitchen. Use a sturdy tray or condiment caddy to carry your favourite toppings, cutlery and napkins in one trip.
• Don’t let spills and messes build up on the outside of your barbecue. As soon as the surface cools, spray it with barbecue-friendly cleaner and wipe with a paper towel. Do the same for any work surfaces and patio furniture.
• Corn on the cob is a staple for many backyard meals, but removing the silk can be tough. Make it easy by running a moistened paper towel over the kernels after the husk has been removed.
• Keep paper towels secure and within reach by attaching the holder to the bottom of a picnic table. Then, just pop in a roll as needed.
• Help create a non-stick surface and reduce the mess that’s left behind after grilling by dipping a paper towel in a small amount of oil, holding it with metal tongs and carefully rubbing it over the barbecue grate.
• Quickly chill drinks by wrapping a bottle or can with a wet paper towel and sticking it in the freezer for approximately 10 to 15 minutes. Just keep track of the time to ensure drinks don’t freeze all the way to avoid an unwanted mess.