St. Lawrence Town Council briefs
The St. Lawrence Town Council met on Tuesday, Sept 11. Following are some of the items discussed during that meeting:
• Repairs to the towns water system were on the agenda when council met on Tuesday. Council approved the purchase of a new basket strainer system from Basil Fearn at a cost of $26,500. The price does not include engineering costs, or the cost associated with the removal of the old system.
• Council voted in favor of applying for a community grant program to try and secure funding for the purchase of soil, seeds and plants for the purpose of a community garden.
• Approval was given for council to donate $100 to the Kids Eat Smart program.
• Approval was given to pay an invoice from Clarke’s Garage Ltd in the amount of $4,370 for repairs to the JCB Backhoe.
• Approval was given for council contract Troy Life and Fire Safety Ltd, for fire alarm system, maintenance and monitoring at an annual cost of $787.
Meets every second Wednesday at the Salvation Army Faith and Hope, Marystown, at 7 p.m. For information contact Linda Stockley, 279-2863 (O) or 891-2555 (R) and Edith Dicks, 279-3124. Meets every Thursday at 7:30 p.m. For information call toll free 1-877-7381742 or email email@example.com.