Terry Fox runs to take place this Sunday
Sunday morning the annual Terry Fox Run will take place in Harrison Park in Owen Sound.
It’s for walkers and cyclists too; anyone who wants to join the event which raises about $15,000 a year and attracts around 150 to 200 participants to the park. Registration starts at 9 a.m., and everyone will start together at 10 a.m.
Its been 10 years that organizers Scott and Tracy Greig have run the event.
Scott Greig said it’s a familyfriendly event too, which attracts young families looking for something to do with their kids. It’s also traditionally a day when cancer survivors and their families and friends turn out to raise money for the Terry Fox Foundation to support cancer research, he said.
Hundreds of thousands of Terry Fox supporters, family and friends will participate in events across Canada. Other local walks planned are: • Kincardine at the Davidson Centre with registration at 8 a.m. and an open start between 9 a.m. and noon.
• Lion’s Head at Bruce Peninsula District School with registration at noon and the start at 1 p.m.
• Lucknow at the Lucknow Sports Complex, Tourism Office, registration 10:30 a.m., open start 11 a.m. to noon.
• Meaford Harbour Pavilion, registration 8:30 a.m., group start 9 a.m.
• Mount Forest Lawn Bowling Club, registration 9 a.m., open start 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
• Saugeen Shores Northshore Park-Rotary Pavilion, north of main beach. Registration 12:30 p.m., 1 p.m. start.
• Tobermory Meeting Place – registration 9 a.m., open start 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Walkerton at Sacred Heart High School. Registration and start both between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
• West Grey/Durham – Durham Conservation Area, registration 1 p.m., start at 2 p.m.
• Wiarton Bluewater Park Pavilion, registration 1 p.m., open start 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.