Banishing household germs
Itʼs no secret that when it comes to favourite household chores, cleaning the toilet is usually at the bottom of the list. In fact, a recent survey conducted by Decima Research Inc. found that one in five Canadians dislike cleaning the toilet because of the time and effort required, not to mention the germs.
It can be easy to neglect household duties that are taxing and time-consuming, but thereʼs no question that keeping the bathroom clean and germ-free is a must. The good news is, a few simple steps can go a long way towards banishing harmful household bacteria:
• Close the lid of the toilet before flushing to help prevent germs from being sprayed on to nearby surfaces
• Clean bathroom surfaces on a regular basis, especially the toilet seat and handle, even when they donʼt look dirty
• Replace sponges once every six weeks and ensure that those that are used in the bathroom stay in the bathroom to prevent the spread of bacteria
• Keep the bathroom dry and ventilated to reduce the chance of bacterial growth
• Most importantly, pick a cleaning tool specially designed to make cleaning easy and germ-free. Many manufacturers of household products have even developed solutions that are targeted to specific areas of the home or bathroom, such as Scotch-Brite Disposable Toilet Bowl Scrubbers made by 3M.