Deadly poison found in bottle
LONDON — Detectives investigating the poisoning of two people by the nerve agent Novichok in southwestern England said Friday that a small bottle found in the home of one of the victims tested positive for the deadly substance.
Dawn Sturgess, 44, and Charlie Rowley, 45, were sickened on June 30 in a town not far from Salisbury, where British authorities say a Russian exspy and his daughter were poisoned with Novichok in March. Sturgess died in a hospital Sunday.
Rowley initially was in critical condition, but has regained consciousness.
Police said the small bottle was found during searches of Rowley’s house Wednesday and scientists confirmed the substance in the bottle was Novichok. The Novichok saga began in March when Sergei and Yulia Skripal mysteriously fell ill on a park bench.
STURGESS Died Sunday