Toronto Sun - - CONTINUING EDUCATION - Source: Hum­ber Col­lege

Stu­dents who can de­mon­strate knowl­edge and skills gained out­side for­mal class­room learn­ing through work, vol­un­teer or other life ex­pe­ri­ences may ap­ply for Prior Learn­ing As­sess­ment and Recog­ni­tion (PLAR) if that knowl­edge and skill cor­re­sponds to a spe­cific course. Learn­ing may be as­sessed through the sub­mis­sion of an aca­demic port­fo­lio, chal­lenge exam and/or in­ter­view.

To get started, re­view the course out­line to de­ter­mine if your knowl­edge and skills match the course learn­ing out­comes. Col­lect doc­u­ments that sup­port your ap­pli­ca­tion, such as your re­sumé, a de­scrip­tion of ex­pe­ri­ences and learn­ing that re­late to the course be­ing chal­lenged, work sam­ples and let­ters of ver­i­fi­ca­tion. Com­plete your PLAR ap­pli­ca­tion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.