Eight ships visiting Digby
There are eight Tall Ships slated to visit Digby Aug. 15 and 16 as part of Rendez-Vous 2017.
The ships visiting are the Lord Nelson, Wylde Swan, Picton Castle, Bluenose II, St Lawrence II, Bowdoin, When and If and HMCS Oriole.
Here’s a little about each ship – the rigging and year built: • Wylde Swan: Topsail Schooner 2. Built in 1920.
• Lord Nelson: Barque 3. Built in 1985.
• Picton Castle: Barque 3. Built in 1928.
• Bluenose II: Schooner GaffRig, Built in 1963.
• St. Lawrence II: Brigantine. Built in 1953.
• Bowdoin: Gaff Schooner 2. Built in 1921.
• When and If: Barque 3. Built in 1939.
• HMCS Oriole: Bm Ketch, Built in 1921.
The Wylde Swan, one of eight Tall Ships visiting Digby, participates in the Aug. 1 sail past in Halifax.