Musings ‘Celebrating Generations’ in Shelburne on Nov. 17
The Shelburne County Arts Council is once again presenting Musings, an evening of songs, stories, theatre, dance and the visual arts, all by local artists.
Musings will take place on Saturday, Nov. 17 at 7:30 p.m., at the Trinity United Church Hall, located on the corner of John and Hammond Streets in Shelburne. Admission is by donation.
This event is produced each November by the Shelburne County Arts Council as a fundraiser for its Peter and Joan Oliver Scholarship, as well as arts-related educational programming in local schools.
Both of the 2018 Peter and Joan Oliver Scholarship recipients, Ben Holmes and Jonathan Dares, are featured in this year’s program. Holmes is returning for his third year as Musings’ emcee, and Dares will be playing classical piano pieces during intermission.
This year’s theme is “Celebrating Generations,” acknowledging the multi-generational lineup of artists who are performing:
• Jay Pilzer will perform two of his original songs;
• Members of Locke’s Island Players will perform excerpts from their production of The Collector;
• Denise Reashore will read from one of her written works;
• Sarah McClure will perform a spoken word and movement offering;
• Lisa Buchanan will do a presentation on her newly revamped website spotlighting her photography and artwork;
• Clara Jurgenliemk will sing two cover songs with piano accompaniment;
• Tony Caruso will read from Death’s Secret, his recently published book of historical fiction; and
• Mike and Steve Elliott will close out the program with a pair of their original songs.
Everyone is invited to come out and enjoy local talent, along with a wide selection of desserts and beverages served at intermission.
Besides performances by local artists, Musings offers an array of desserts for audience members to sample at intermission.