THE PRAIRIE SENTINEL
THE Inglis Area Heritage Committee is marking its 20th anniversary this year. Its mandate is to sustain, maintain and enhance the National Historic Site of the only row of five restored wooden grain elevators in the world.
Four of the five elevators have been standing since 1922, the year the railway arrived in the newly formed village of Inglis, which is located west of Riding Mountain National Park.
It’s been 20 years since the elevators have undergone a major facelift, but it is hoped the big, white N.M. Paterson elevator on the northern end of the row will be painted this summer. The committee has launched a fundraising campaign to help finance the painting of the four other elevators in future years.
For more about the site and fund-raising efforts, Go to:
or contact Judy Bauereiss, chair of Inglis Area Heritage Committee, at 204-564-2412.