Friday’s Bond quiz answers
1. Which early Bond villain had no apparent connection to the organization SPECTRE? Auric Goldfinger.
2. What did the letters of SPECTRE stand for in the Bond movies? Special Executive for Counter-Intelligence, Terrorism, Revenge, and Extortion.
3. Three actors who played Spectre mastermind Ernst Stavro Blofeld: Telly Savalas, Donald Pleasance and Charles Gray. Max Von Sydow ( Never Say Never Again) was also accepted.
4. Three actors who have portrayed the Bond villain Le Chiffre: Mads Mikkelsen, Orson Welles and Peter Lorre.
5. An actor who played both a hostile bad guy opposite Timothy Dalton’s Bond and a friendly confederate to Pierce Brosnan’s Bond: Joe Don Baker.
6. Actresses who each played two different Bond girls in two different movies: Maud Adams, Martine Beswick, Nadja Regin and Valerie Leon. (Ursula Andress, who appeared in both Dr. No and the comedy version of Casino Royale was also acceptable.)
7. Which Bond villain was played by an actor was also a step-cousin of Bond creator Ian Fleming? Christopher Lee of The Man
with the Golden Gun.
8. Sixties sexpots Raquel Welch and Brigitte Bardot almost played, respectively: Domino in Thunderball and Tracy Vicenzo in On Her Majesty’s Secret Service.
9. Oscar-winning Bond baddies include: Javier Bardem, Benicio del Toro and Christopher Walken.
Christoph Waltz, left, and Léa Seydoux appear in a scene from Spectre.