Winnipeg Free Press - Section G - - HOMES -

Your con­trac­tor should have valid in­sur­ance, in­clud­ing full li­a­bil­ity and Work­ers’ Com­pen­sa­tion in­sur­ance, but that only cov­ers you in case of ac­ci­dents on the job site, like prop­erty dam­age (i.e. some­one drop­ping an ex­pen­sive vase) or in­juries (i.e. some­one accidentally fall­ing off the roof). If your neigh­bour’s home gets dam­aged be­cause of con­struc­tion hap­pen­ing on your prop­erty or you dam­age public prop­erty, like a wa­ter main, your con­trac­tor’s in­sur­ance isn’t re­spon­si­ble — yours is.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Canada

© PressReader. All rights reserved.